Applying EAP Courses to History
EAP courses & grades will appear on your UCSC academic record within four months of the official end of your EAP program. First, they will be translated at the UCEAP Systemwide Office and posted to your MyEAP account. Once your EAP courses and grades appear on your MyEAP account, you can expect to see them on your UCSC portal within 2-4 weeks. Once you have determined that the desired EAP classes have been posted to your UCSC academic record you must complete the History Department Post-EAP Course Approval process:
1. Make an appointment with the History Undergraduate Director, Professor Noriko Aso. Bring to that appointment the following materials:
- a printout of your personal transcript for the relevant quarters showing that your EAP classes have been posted to your UCSC academic record;
- syllabi, reading lists, and the written assignments you completed for all courses for which you are seeking credit;
- a completed History Department Post-EAP Approval Form (enterable PDF).
Be prepared to justify why these courses should qualify as part of your major or minor. Only courses passed with the equivalent of a letter grade of C or better may be applied to history major or minor requirements.
2. After the meeting, return your completed Post-EAP Approval Form to the History Department Office for inclusion in your academic file.
Important: Applying to Graduate after EAP
EAP students who will not be returning to UCSC after their EAP program should apply to graduate for the quarter after their program ends (including Summer). For example, a student on a Spring EAP program should apply to graduate for Summer, not Spring. This is because it can take up to four months after the official end of your EAP program for EAP courses & grades to appear on your UCSC academic record.